[systemd-devel] Lid close event delivered delayed

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Apr 26 02:17:48 PDT 2013

'Twas brillig, and Andrey Borzenkov at 17/04/13 18:01 did gyre and gimble:
> В Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:31:14 +0200
> Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> пишет:

>>> That reasoning is perfectly fine; the problem is that logind
>>> acts upon a physical lid state change from the distant past.
>>
>> Well, it is level-triggered, not edge-triggered. If the lid is closed
>> and a lock released we immediately act and suspend. That's the only
>> reliable and safe way to do that.
>>

> One problem is, it breaks existing behavior and quite badly. How users
> are supposed to start inhibitors on ttyX the very moment they switch to
> it?
>
> It probably needs to be more compatible with exiting behavior by
> default.
>
> I remember something very similar recently ... ah, here it is
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-March/009988.html

Does this mean if:
 1. I use Gnome.
 2. I have external monitor attached.
 3. I close the lid because I don't use my laptops screen, just the
external one.
 4. I switch to a VT
 5. My machine is insta-suspended?

If so then I concur that it needs handled a bit better!

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie