[systemd-devel] How to wait for a group of devices?

Manuel Reimer Manuel.Spam at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Aug 19 07:10:22 PDT 2013

Hello,

I need two service files for two daemons.

The first one expects some type of device to be accessible via USB.

So what I need for this one is something like "Wait until all currently
plugged in USB devices are enumerated and the relevant kernel modules
have been loaded".

The second one wants to access DVB devices.

These could be connected via PCI, PCI express or USB. So here I need
"Wait until all possible, currently connected, DVB devices are
initialized and drivers are loaded".

Is there something like that? "udevadm settle" doesn't seem to do the trick.

Thank you in advance

Yours

Manuel