[systemd-devel] [RFC] mount: improve DefaultDependencies and use in generator

Thomas Bächler thomas at archlinux.org
Wed Aug 21 07:06:37 PDT 2013

Am 21.08.2013 13:53, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
> I'd like to move some of the default dependency logic from the fstab generator
> to core. This should remove some redundancy and also improve consistency
> between mount units and fstab entries.
>
> The first patch simply enables default dependencies in the generator, and
> removes some things that are then made redundant.
>
> The second patch moves the handling of device dependencies from the generator
> to core's default dependencies.

DefaultDependencies=yes implicitly adds Before=foo.target for every
target "foo" that wants or requires the unit.

This has a negative effect on auto,x-systemd.automount mounts: Enabling
DefaultDependencies will make the generated .mount unit
Before=local-fs.target, which will remove the speed-up gained by
delaying the mount.