[systemd-devel] Fedora 19 hangs on startup: A start job is running for Monitoring of LVM2 mirror...rogress polling

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Aug 22 09:07:09 PDT 2013

I have a E5 processor system with 128GB SSD freshly installed and updated
with Fedora 19.  After the initial boot, I added MATE, put system at runlevel 3,
removed 'initial-setup' package, and so forth.  System is
configured for serial console.  I'm not sure how much of this matters, however.

On bootup, the system hung with the error:

"A start job is running for Monitoring of LVM2 mirror...rogress polling"

The little red stars move back and forth, so not a total cpu lock,
but it made no progress in this state overnight.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben

--