[systemd-devel] Small tool to spawn programs in graphical sessions from non-graphical ones

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) rudd-o at rudd-o.com
Sat Aug 31 02:09:03 PDT 2013

Based on systemd's related sibling loginctl, I managed to accomplish the
holy grail of the 90's: get Amarok to play music on my desktop sessiom
from a crontab (motivated by the missus' desire to have an alarm in the
home theater that requires her to walk downstairs, to adapt to her
polyphasic sleep):

https://github.com/Rudd-O/run-in-gui

Pull requests to, well, there.  Flames to my personal email.  I'm sure
it's buggy as fuck since it's been working only for the last half an
hour or so, but we pulled it off together in the space of 2 hours.

Enjoy!