[systemd-devel] [gummiboot] misaligned menu

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Wed Dec 4 07:33:12 PST 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM, János Illés <ijanos at gmail.com> wrote:
> I did not find a bug tracker for gummiboot, sorry if this is not the
> right place for this.
>
> I would like to report a small cosmetic bug for gummiboot. It looks like this:
> http://i.imgur.com/cDRwIwX.jpg [62 kbyte]
>
> This is laptop with an intel haswell chipset with full hd display.

It's probably the firmware, it announces the console only in the upper
left area, the rest of the screen is probably dead for the EFI
console. I have several machines showing that.

It might all be fine in graphics mode, but the gummiboot menu uses the
console mode.

Not sure if there would be any way to find that out.

Kay