[systemd-devel] systemd unit review requested

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 5 07:29:40 PST 2013

'Twas brillig, and "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" at 05/12/13 14:30 did gyre
and gimble:

> On 12/05/2013 01:57 PM, David Timothy Strauss wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 3:53 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
>> <johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Never use a systemd unit to call modprobe.
>> And, even if you did, modprobe would be Type=oneshot (maybe also with
>> RemainAfterExit=true), definitely not Type=simple.
>
> You never and I mean never should load or unload modules in systemd
> units so it's irrelevant what those type should be.

The above statement not withstanding, but the Type and RemainAfterExit
applies only to ExecStart. This unit calls modprobe in ExecStartPre
which is always expected to do something and return. So this branch of
the thread really doesn't apply to this unit.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie