[systemd-devel] journal: How to limit the file size of runtime system.journal

WANG Chao chaowang at redhat.com
Thu Dec 12 21:33:17 PST 2013

Hi,

In kdump environment, memory resource is quite limited. I find that the
runtime journal file (/run/log/journal/$id/system.journal) is 4 MB and I
think that is too much for a initramfs context.

After tuning both RuntimeMaxUse=1% or RuntimeMaxFileSiz=100K, I find
system.journal is still 4 MB in size. So here comes my questions:

1. Did miss use of these two config options? Because regarding the
journald.conf(5), it seems I was totally doing it right.

2. If I was doing it wrong, how can I limit this file size?

--
Thanks
WANG Chao