[systemd-devel] changing the "mount --make-shared /" default

Jake Edge jake at lwn.net
Fri Feb 1 13:40:29 PST 2013

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 16:33:26 -0500 Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-02-01 at 12:50 -0700, Jake Edge wrote:
>
> > I am not sure that I want the default to be "private", but if I did,
> > what is the proper, systemd-ish way to do so?
>
> If you're creating a private mount namespace, then:
>
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/linux-user-chroot/tree/src/linux-user-chroot.c#n300

Yes, that's a way to programmatically do it on an as-needed basis, which
is great, thanks. But what I was looking for was a way to tell systemd
to change the default back to private at boot time as Lennart
suggested in the commit. Obviously the code in systemd could be changed
locally, but that seems a tad ... inelegant ...

jake

--
Jake Edge - LWN - jake at lwn.net - http://lwn.net