[systemd-devel] Calendar timer events on non-24/7 systems

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Wed Feb 6 04:14:00 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Jan Janssen <medhefgo at web.de> wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 February 2013 11:19:29 David Strauss wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Jan Janssen <medhefgo at web.de> wrote:
>> > It would be nice if timers got scheduled based on their last time they got
>> > triggered.
>>
>> They have always supported this, even before we added calendar-based
>> support. Check out the systemd.timer man page.
>
> It is my understanding of the manpage that this does not work across reboots,
> which I was addressing here.

It's right, it does not work at the moment. There is no support for
persistent state across reboots in the current code.

If a machine is always rebooted before the timer period is reached,
the job will never be executed.

This will all be implemented in the future, and work a bit like
anacron, it just isn't done yet.

Kay