[systemd-devel] Someone working on gui for multiseat?

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 05:24:57 PST 2013

2013/2/4 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:
> On Fri, 01.02.13 10:27, Stef Bon (stefbon at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> I think I misunderstood the assigning of a device to a seat.
>> The creation of a seat is not done by the udev rules, what I assumed
>> first,
>
> It is done via udev rules.
>
>> but only some properties (tags) are set, like ID_AUTOSEAT, SEAT and
>> ID_FOR_SEAT.
>> It's up to the programs who controle the sessions to create a real seat.
>> This is right?
>
> Not sure I can parse this.
>
>> What program is doing this now? Indeed gdm?
>
> logind sends out a message each time a new seat is detected or
> removed. A seat is considered existent as soon as at least one device
> marked with the tag "seat-master" is found.
>
> Also see:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat
>
> Where all of this is documented in detail.

Ok, there has been some misunderstanding. I meant with "creating a
seat" the starting of a seperate session, with or without login.
You mean something else: the tags for a seat are set in udev.

Ok, when logind sends out a message (after seat added or removed) it's
up to the services like gdm(?) what to do with it: use it as docking
station or to start a new session (eg a real seat) ( when it comes to
adding).

Stef