[systemd-devel] build failures in latest master from d848b9cbfa0ba72381363accce481600169df2eb

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Feb 7 15:43:33 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-02-07 at 14:38 +0100, Kay Sievers wrote:

> I changed it now and people with the non-working --as-needed need to
> check if that works for them ...

The latest git builds for me (after one detail, see below) and I've
switched gnome-ostree to tracking master again.

Now, besides linking, I was hitting parallel make issues, which
I traced to this bug in GNU Make 3.82:

http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?30653

It's probably not something many people hit since:

1) Debian and Ubuntu both ship 3.81
2) Fedora includes the patch in its package

My system however is derived from OpenEmbedded which uses an unpatched
3.82, I'm testing a rebuild locally with the patch and will send
upstream.

Unfortunately not that many projects trigger this bug, it requires
several intermediate targets, and the way systemd extracts DBus
introspection from the binary (clever btw!) happens to do so.