[systemd-devel] Idea about improving boot-up status report

cee1 fykcee1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 20:38:09 PST 2013

Hi all,

Systemd will report "Starting/Started ..."  of units when boot-up, but
it doesn't tell users what's happening when the boot-up process
blocks(e.g. waiting for timeout, my personal story was swap partition
changed but forgot to modify fstab, which caused a hangup each
boot-up).

It would be better if Systemd could timely report which units are
still starting.
E.g. we limit the max starting units meanwhile(which may improve boot
performance). When blocked, tell plymouth which units are started and
which units are still starting of the current batch.

Any ideas?

--
Regards,

- cee1