[systemd-devel] [Question] How to specify LimitCORE=infinity for all the daemon processes?

Hatayama, Daisuke d.hatayama at jp.fujitsu.com
Wed Feb 20 00:37:24 PST 2013

Hello,

I'm now looking for a way of specifying DefaultLimitCORE for all the daemon processes using systemd.

I've already tried the following things:

- Specify DefaultLimitCORE=infinity in /etc/systemd/system.conf

  but by which only normal processes were configured; daemon processes were not configured.

- Specify LimitCORE=infinity in each *.service unit file

  by which I confirmed the corresponding daemon process was configured as I intended.

So, is there a way to specify LimitCORE=infinity for all the daemon processes uniformly using systemd framework?

On sysvinit, this can be done by defining DAEMON_COREFILE_LIMIT in /etc/sysconfig/init.

BTW, I know abrt can collect daemon process's coredump and can be used for this purpose, but the question is the case where abrt is not used.

Thanks.
HATAYAMA, Daisuke