[systemd-devel] Offtopic question.

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Thu Jan 3 09:38:53 PST 2013

On Wed, 02.01.13 22:59, Stef Bon (stefbon at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for the offtopic question here, but I do not know a better place for
> it.
>
> I'm building a lockmonitor. I thought that would be just as easy as with
> the /proc/self/mountinfo "file".

The poll-ability of /proc/self/mountinfo is a feature that has been
added specifically for that one file. Only very few other files in /proc
can do this (only swaps and the host/domainname files afaik). If you
want this for for other files in /proc you'd first have to patch the
kernel.

That said, file locking on Linux/Unix is unusably broken anyway, why
would you want to monitor that?

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.