[systemd-devel] RFC: Predictable Network Interface Names

Holger Winkelmann hw at travelping.com
Mon Jan 7 14:06:18 PST 2013

Hi,

Generally great idea specially embedded people like us will welcome. Do you have any idea it's possible to allow the "/" slash in interface names as  known and seen in other network  devices? It could be used to name interface regarding the slot and port?

I.e.   fe0/01 for fast Ethernet port in first slot with a multi port NIC.

--

Holger Winkelmann
Travelping GmbH

### Sent from a mobile device. Sorry for brevity and typos... ###