[systemd-devel] systemd-analyze-197 broken

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jan 14 17:15:42 PST 2013

Am 15.01.2013 02:06, schrieb Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek:
>> honestyl i have often seen such cross-deps freeing up
>> around 100 MB, on a virtual infrastructure multiplied
>> with 30 we are at 300 MB and additionally the benefit
>> besides only the storage is:
> C'mon, 100 MB? 12% of the size of gcc-debuginfo.amd64?

50 virtual machines x 100 = 5 GB
are you aware that this is a complete server-instance?
__________________________

/dev/md1       ext4   29G    6,9G   22G   24% /

this is my workstation with Eclipse and VMware using
KDE4 as desktop and a lot of services - and i bet
without useless deps the whole OS would fit in 4 GB

this 'cmon'-attitude is the reason why software get more
and more bloated and my current machine is far away in the
real performance as it is from the point of hardware

and no, storage is not cheap from the moment you left
cunsomer-crap and make a step towards SAN solutions