[systemd-devel] Future of systemd Python module

David Strauss david at davidstrauss.net
Tue Jan 22 13:04:55 PST 2013

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:
> The package is stuctured so that it is possible to easily add new
> modules. Any new additions would have to be generally useful to be
> included in the main package. It's just that so far, no extensions
> have been proposed, so the process hasn't been tested. But in
> principle, new stuff could be welcome.

Expecting additional modules in the future is absolutely the intention
behind the current systemd.journal structure. The most obvious thing
to wrap from here is the daemon API for notify, socket activation,
among other functions.

Socket activation is already implemented for Twisted (we sponsored the
work), so it would be worth checking out that implementation before
creating our own for Python.

--
David Strauss