[systemd-devel] Bad handling of "/" in instance names?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at oddbit.com
Thu Jan 31 13:03:09 PST 2013

> I'm assuming this happens because systemd is trying to create a
> symlink
> with a "/" in the name and is falling over.  I can think of a number
> of
> ways of dealing with this:

So thanks to grawity on #systemd I took a closer look at the
systemd.unit man page, where I discovered that the '/' -> '-' escaping
works in reverse.  Yay!

It would be nice if systemctl could handle this by itself (given a
command like "systemctl enable myservice at foo/bar", perform the escaping
before creating the symlink).

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at oddbit.com>