[systemd-devel] fstab Mounts Not Getting Waken Up

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Jul 12 09:30:09 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 09:18:27AM -0700, CACook at Quantum-Sci.com wrote:

> >>Reindl, thank goodness you're listening.  Have you by chance, tried this
> >>with auto, to see whether it automounts on wake from suspend?
> >
> >systemd doesn't unmount the fs on suspend, why should it mount it on resume?
> >
> >Maybe you are mixing up what "auto" means.
>
> Why is everyone so uptight here?
>
> No, I am not mixing up what "auto" means.  Auto is supposed to mean
> that it --mounts automatically--, period, like the word says.  But
> it does not, as you can see.
>
> If "auto" does not make it mount automatically on wake for some
> reason, THEN WHAT WILL?  That is the real question here.  Why won't
> it mount on WAKE?  The point is -not- to argue what "auto" means.
> The question is about how to make the drive mount on wake.  Do we
> prefer to nit-pick, or to advance the cause?  The goal is to make
> this drive mount on wake, a very common function.

  OK, let's step back and chill out.  First misunderstanding:
take a look into ”man fstab”.  ”auto” means that filesystem will be mounted
when ”mount -a” is invoked.  It was typically called on boot.
With systemd, ”auto” filesystem will be mounted on boot.

  Second, the solution.  The functionality you want is provide by ”automount”.
When using fstab, you can use the handy shortcut of putting
”x-systemd.automount” in your fstab.  Best replace your ”auto” with
”x-systemd.automount”.
  For details, see man systemd.mount.

--
Tomasz Torcz               RIP is irrevelant. Spoofing is futile.
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl     Your routes will be aggreggated. -- Alex Yuriev