[systemd-devel] kmod-static-nodes.service doesn't care about udev?

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Fri Jul 12 10:57:18 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 07:08:48PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Fri, 12.07.13 09:28, Oleksii Shevchuk (alxchk at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > Latest innovation with kmod-static-nodes.service introduce next issues with
> >
> > 1. default distro paths
> > 2. interacting with rest configuration
> >
> > So, what is the problem.
> >
> > kmod-static-nodes.service.in:
> >
> > ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/mkdir -p /run/tmpfiles.d
>
> Hmm, why do we need this at all? Where the service file located?
> Couldn't find it in the kmod repo? Would like to have a look.
units/kmod-static-nodes.service.in :)

I see another problem: in a container, this unit fails with:
# /usr/bin/kmod static-nodes --format=tmpfiles --output=/run/tmpfiles.d/kmod.conf
Error: could not open /lib/modules/3.9.6-301.fc19.x86_64/modules.devname - No such file or directory
There was no requirement to have the kernel installation available before,
and it'd be stupid to add it just for that.

Zbyszek