[systemd-devel] journald tiered logging for embedded system with flash?

Umut Tezduyar umut at tezduyar.com
Mon Jul 15 06:40:29 PDT 2013

Hi Chris,

As far as I know journal doesn't have per log severity storage option
setting. But you could use an external logging program like rsyslog to
do what you would like to do. In your case, journal forwards messages
with desired severity to the rsyslog and rsyslog stores messages in
flash.
If you are resource limited you could implement your own application
to fetch messages from a datagram socket (syslog.socket) and write
them on flash.

Take a look at following tokens in journald.conf

Storage=volatile
MaxLevelSyslog=
ForwardToSyslog=

Thanks,