[systemd-devel] systemd --user broken

Léo Gillot-Lamure leo.gillot at navaati.net
Sat Jul 27 07:50:10 PDT 2013

Hi.

All these big changes from systemd 205 seem good and yummy, but how do this
relates to the systemd --user sessions ?

I used to launch all my desktop components (WM, panel, applets,
pulseaudio...) using systemd user units, systemd --user itself being
launched by my display manager, but now it crashes at launch saying "Failed
to create root cgroup hierarchy: Permission denied" and "Failed to allocate
manager object: Permission denied".
Is this a bug, or should a totally new paradigm be used for user sessions ?

I find it surprising that apparently no one has yelled at this yet, but I
couldn't find any interesting thread about this issue. I hope it's not me
being bad at googling.

Regards,
Léo Gillot-Lamure.