[systemd-devel] systemd-networkd with 802.1x

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Mon Nov 25 00:34:12 PST 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 06:20:09PM +1000, David Timothy Strauss wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Umut Tezduyar Lindskog
> <umut.tezduyar at axis.com> wrote:
> > I would think port access protocols would be needed for servers even before sending a single IP package.
>
> I've never used a server that required 802.1x. I've only encountered
> it in places where physical network access is widespread among people
> who aren't trusted, like offices and universities.

  It's utilized with certain high-security environments. Data centers
hosting clouds with "secure" as selling points.  It's roughly
the same level of paranoia like using SecureBoot on servers,
some customers are paying extra for that.

--
Tomasz   .. oo o.   oo o. .o   .o o. o. oo o.   ..
Torcz    .. .o .o   .o .o oo   oo .o .. .. oo   oo