[systemd-devel] Early review request: socket activation bridge

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Tue Oct 8 04:12:45 PDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 02:07:27AM -0700, David Strauss wrote:
> I've attached the initial implementation -- not yet ready to merge --
> for an event-oriented socket activation bridge. It performs well under
> load. I haven't tied up all potential leaks yet, but the normal
> execution paths seem to be clean. I also need to use proper shell
> option management.
Hi David,

how do you intend target service to be started? I understand that the
intended use case case is for non-socket-activatable services, so they
should be started synchronously in the background. In case of local
services normal systemd management (over dbus) would work. In case of
remote systems, maybe too, if dbus over the network was properly
authorized. Do you havy any plans here?

Why not implement this using startand epoll loop?

Since you're proxying all data transfered in both directions, why disallow
multiple sockets?

Zbyszek