[systemd-devel] Question: who should set up the cpuset cgroup

Gao feng gaofeng at cn.fujitsu.com
Sun Sep 15 20:17:07 PDT 2013

Hi

I'm working on adding set cpuset cgroup support for systemd.
this work almost finished. but I faced a problem.

As we know, if we create a machine,the cgroup for this machine
will be created as well. and the cgroup of this machine is a
sub-directory of machine.slice(or other slices..). And if the
cpuset of machine.slice is unset. the setting of cpuset for this
machine will failed. since the cpuset.mems and cpuset.cpus of
machine.slice is null.

The question is who should set up the cpuset cgroup of machine.slice?

1, set up when systemd creates cpuset cgroup for machine.slice?
2, the programs which create the machines?
3, other ideas? kernel?

Thanks!