[systemd-devel] Work on adding polkit support to systemd1

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Aug 6 05:23:12 PDT 2014

Stef Walter wrote on 06/08/14 12:23:
> I've done initial work on adding polkit support to systemd1 DBus
> methods.

Hmmm, I thought this was deliberately not included as it meant a
circular dep on polkit when talking to the system that's used to start
up polkitd itself... what happens if you try to talk to systemd1
interface during early boot before polkitd has started (and before a dep
that's needed by it) has started?

I thought the main reason for logind to essentially proxy the
Power/Reboot related stuff was such that polkit support could be added
there outside of systemd1 itself and thus not have any circular dep
problems.

Perhaps things have moved on from the old days, or maybe I picked this
up wrong in the first place and this is not a concern.

Col.

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie