[systemd-devel] systemd-resolved cannot survive router reinstall

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Sat Aug 9 12:05:46 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 09, 2014 at 10:59:30AM -0700, Anatol Pomozov wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a router where I experiment with OpenWRT. I sysupdate (i.e.
> reinstall) openwrt regularly, once or twice a week. I also have an
> Arch home server with the latest systemd. The machine connected via
> ethernet cable.
>
> Every time I reboot router it looses information about current DHCP
> leases and devices need to renew it. All devices (ipads/androids/music
> center/..) are able to renew leases, openwrt ui shows valid new dhcp
> leases. And only the Arch machine does not. It looks like other dhcp
> clients have some kind of heartbeat message and renew leases when the
> network is back. But not systemd-resolved. To restore the system back
> I need to suspend/wakeup the machine and it is annoying.
>
> Is it a known issue? Is there any additional information I can provide?

Are you possibly confusing resolved with networkd? The former is for setting up
DNS and is not really needed on a small LAN.

AFAIK, networkd will not renew a lease if DHCP server goes down and then up.
OTOH, why is this a problem: do you have an IP collision after the router is
back up (because another device got your IP)?

Cheers,
--
Leonid Isaev
GPG fingerprints: DA92 034D B4A8 EC51 7EA6  20DF 9291 EE8A 043C B8C4