[systemd-devel] Match section of .link file not working

Simon Peeters peeters.simon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 12:28:51 PDT 2014

> В Sun, 24 Aug 2014 09:19:13 +0200

>> > Please show "udevadm info -q all" for each interface.
>>
>> P: /devices/ocp/47400000.usb/47401c00.usb/musb-hdrc.1.auto/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/net/wlan0
>> P: /devices/ocp/47400000.usb/47401c00.usb/musb-hdrc.1.auto/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/net/wlv1
>> P: /devices/ocp/47400000.usb/47401c00.usb/musb-hdrc.1.auto/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/net/wlv2
>>
>> wlv2 is a client and needs a stable mac, otherwise the dhcp f*cs up.
>> wlv1 is an acesspoint, and needs a mac different from wlv2. (This
>> should probably also be stable, but i can live with random for this
>> one.)
>
> So you have single device that exports multiple interfaces.
No, and yes. The wireless adaptor actually only exprts phy0. The
kernel then by default creates wlan0.
Then i use :
# iw phy phy0 interface add wlv1 type __ap
# iw phy phy0 interface add wlv2 type station
To create the 2 virtual interfaces that I use. The only real
difference is the name I give them. (and the type in this case)

> distinguish between them driver would need to provide some persistent
> information about each interface. I understand that dev_id (or
> dev_port) is supposed to be it, but as of now almost no driver actually
> bothers to set them.
I think dev_id and dev_port are already used, but not really applicable here.

> I wonder how is it possible to match such devices at all ...
Me to.

>> (yes, the wlv3 was just for testing, wlv1 and wlv2 are the real ones)
>
> You mean wlan0?
no, wlan0 is the original device, I use wlv3 as an example in the
first mail, but was ommited in this reply because I already deleted
it)