[systemd-devel] Journal tests broken by commit 6573ef05a3cbe1 ("journal: keep per-JournalFile location info during iteration")

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at google.com
Thu Dec 18 14:34:40 PST 2014

Hi,

Commit 6573ef05a3cbe1 ("journal: keep per-JournalFile location info
during iteration") breaks tests "test-journal-stream" and
"test-journal-interleaving".

It seems that the logic of overriding f->current_offset in
journal_file_save_location has other unintended side effects, checking
out that commit and commenting out that line seems to have
"test-journal-stream" working back again, but not
"test-journal-interleaving". The same no longer has effect in trunk
head anymore since I believe the follow up patches rely on that saved
information which is no longer there.

Not sure if the problem is in the code or in the tests, but looking at
the tests the logic looks right to me, so I'm leaning towards the
code...

Cheers,
Filipe