[systemd-devel] [HEADS-UP] It's release time!

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Feb 18 05:00:34 PST 2014

On Tue, 18.02.14 12:26, Cecil Westerhof (Cecil.Westerhof at Snow.nl) wrote:

> On 02/18/2014 03:26 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> >It's release time again! It has been more than 4 months now since the
> >last release. That's kinda emberassing, since we actually intended to go
> >for a 2-3 week cycle... The big dbus transition took some time however.
> >
> >Aynway, I just finished a review of the git history, marked backportable
> >fixes, and put together the NEWS.
> >
> >Kay, Zbigniew, Tom, David, Patrik, anything left to fix before I roll a
> >release? I'd like to roll the release tomorrow (tuesday) or
> >wednesday. Please have a closer look and test!
>
> Is there a way I can help with testing? I am not a systemd guru, but
> if there is a (simple) way I could help with testing, I would not
> mind.

You can build systemd from the git tree and just install it over your
RPM supplied systemd version, but if you do that you really should know
what you are doing, and if you are not sure, better step away.

Other than that please wait for your distribution to provide RPMs for
testing. For example, on Fedora there's Rawhide that provides these
usually quickly.