[systemd-devel] Debugging acl settings for /dev//snd/pcm* nodes

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 00:42:54 PST 2014

Hi,

For some reason after I've built the Xorg xserver from git, and then login
through gdm (on an otherwise unmodified F-20 install), the acls on
/dev/snd/pcm* (and likely others too) no longer get setup to give the user
I've just logged in with access to them.

Reverting to Xorg from the F-20 packages fixes this. I was wonder if someone
could give a short step by step of all components involved in doing the acl
management for devices which should be usable by console users now a days.

As well as some hints for debugging this.

Thanks & Regards,

Hans