[systemd-devel] Is masking an error?

Holger Schurig holgerschurig at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 01:10:40 PST 2014

Thomas,

logind in conjunction with udev's tagging also sets some device ACLs
correctly, which I like. I also like that I can have a protection to
not reboot my system while a user is active. So I'm not ready to get
rid of logind completely.

I'd actually have used user sessions if starting a user-dbus (in text
mode, not in X) and "systemd-run --user" would have worked with my
vanilla v208. But it was a mess, so I solved that entireley
differently.

For now I have a yucky type=oneshot ExecStart=/bin/true service file
in /etc/systemd/system/user at .service. This is very ugly, so I raised
the question if announcing masked services as an *ERROR* is really the
way to go. Every masking is a system admin decision, after all.