[systemd-devel] Allow stop jobs to be killed during shutdown

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jan 24 10:30:00 PST 2014

Am 24.01.2014 19:26, schrieb Michael Biebl:
> 2014/1/24 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:
>> Yupp, Michal had the same idea, that's why there is the eye-of-sauron
>> animation in place...
>
> Ah, good to know. That's a start.
> I guess my systemd version (v204) is simply too old then?
>
> Is this animation shown irregardless of whether one has booted with
> "quiet" or not?

dunno - quiet is the first i disable

> Does it require plymouth?

for sure not

"rd.plymouth=0 plymouth.enable=0" on all machines i maintain (around 40 currently)

as well as

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ cat /etc/dracut.conf.d/90-plymouth.conf
omit_dracutmodules+="plymouth"

but as said - a value in seconds would be interesting
in case of a service with a large timeout it really matters and
in doubt you dunno how large the timeout of the hanging one is