[systemd-devel] Allow stop jobs to be killed during shutdown

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Mon Jan 27 20:27:16 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 11:48:38PM +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 11:09 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> > Am 24.01.2014 20:01, schrieb Andrey Borzenkov:
> >> В Fri, 24 Jan 2014 19:44:08 +0100

> >> Is it possible to automatically switch to more verbose mode as soon as
> >> any problem is seen (like service timeout)?
> >
> > too late,
>
> May be I was not clear. There is some timeout after which "running
> stars" animation starts. Apparently it is hard-coded and not
> configurable. It would be useful if this timeout also triggered switch
> to verbose mode.
>
> > after the timeout is reached it continues
> > the users problem is the silent waiting *before* the timeout
Done.

After a job has been running for more than 5s, or a failure occurs,
cylon eye will be shown. Also status will be printed until bootup or
shutdown is completed.

systemd 208 running in system mode. (+PAM +LIBWRAP +AUDIT +SELINUX +IMA +SYSVINIT +LIBCRYPTSETUP +GCRYPT +ACL +XZ)
Detected virtualization 'systemd-nspawn'.
[FAILED] Failed to start bad.service.
See 'systemctl status bad.service' for details.
         Starting Permit User Sessions...
[  OK  ] Started Cleanup of Temporary Directories.
[  OK  ] Started Permit User Sessions.
         Starting Console Getty...
[  OK  ] Started Console Getty.
[  OK  ] Reached target Login Prompts.
[  OK  ] Reached target Multi-User System.
[  OK  ] Reached target Graphical Interface.

Fedora release 21 (Rawhide)
Kernel 3.13.0-0.rc5.git0.2.fc21.x86_64 on an x86_64 (console)

fedora-21 login: root