[systemd-devel] systemd-sysusers and gshadow

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Sun Jul 6 16:17:23 PDT 2014

Hi,

	Shouldn't systemd-sysusers update /etc/gshadow when adding 'basic'
groups? From sysusers.c I don't see that gshadow (and shadow) is updated, and
this seems to cause problems on package updates. Consider the following
scenario:
1. A package is updated, so timestamp of /usr gets ahead of /etc/.updated.
2. On next boot, new groups are added to /etc/group. In the case of archlinux
these are dialout, tape and cdrom -- which I had to manually groupdel.
3. gshadow is out-of-sync with group, so routine cron-based grpck fails.

Does it mean that on each update, a package manager should touch
/etc/.updated?

Thanks,
--
Leonid Isaev
GPG fingerprints: DA92 034D B4A8 EC51 7EA6  20DF 9291 EE8A 043C B8C4