[systemd-devel] networkd with radv advertised prefixes

brane2 brankob at s5tehnika.net
Thu Jul 10 01:14:02 PDT 2014

Dne 09. 07. 2014 17:06, piše Tom Gundersen:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Vasiliy Tolstov <v.tolstov at selfip.ru> wrote:
>> As i see, networkd now able to do dhcpv6, what about configuring
>> interfaces to accept radv messages and configure it interfaces? What i
>> need to do on systemd-networkd side?
> Currently that is not supported, but it is definitely something we
> want. So if you are interested in extending our libraries to cover
> this usecase, that would be awesome.

I don't want to inject noise in signal of your conversation, but doesnt
kernel itself do client side of ipv6 router solicitation/advertisement ?

As I understood it, whole point of ra is to be so simple so that it
doesn't need any special SW component on the client side and to be able to
initialize automatically within interface activation.

Branko