[systemd-devel] Separate cpu cgroup parameters

Umut Tezduyar Lindskog umut at tezduyar.com
Thu Jul 10 06:16:53 PDT 2014

Hi,

Even though cpu.shares and cpu.cfs_period_us/cfs_quota_us parameters
are in the "cpu" cgroup, they can be turned off individually.

Our kernel only enables cpu.shares property and due to that we see
error messages.

systemd[1]: Failed to set cpu.cfs_period_us on
/system.slice/system-sshd.slice: Permission denied
systemd[1]: Failed to set cpu.cfs_quota_us on
/system.slice/system-sshd.slice: Permission denied

Proposed solutions:
- Should we have separate CGroupControllerMask mask like
CGROUP_CPU_SHARES & CGROUP_CPU_QUOTA
OR
- Should we just ignore the cg_set_attribute() within
cgroup_context_apply() if setting attribute fails due to missing
parameter?

Umut