[systemd-devel] lastlog and friends

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 13:58:49 PDT 2014

> Not sure where precisely that tool should actually live though. I am
> tempted to say it should just be a one or two additional verbs for
> loginctl (which should gain some journal integration anyway, for example
> to show log messages of a specific session and suchlike).

Hmm...

Does it really need two new verbs?

Cant "list-sessions" and "list-users" simply list active for the active
user(s) and show timestamps for the rest which should cover the
usefulness of who,last and lastlog?
( It's a bit redundant info seeing who has never logged as well as
seeing who has )

loginctl list-sessions
SESSION        UID USER             SEAT    Last Active
          1       1000 johannbg         seat0    ACTIVE
          1       1001 suzy                seat0    $DATE

And equivalent for list-users.

I guess if that's not good enough show-active, show-last could be added
to "list-sessions", "list-users"

JBG