[systemd-devel] [SOLVED] systemd-networkd & could not find udev device

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Wed Jul 30 09:21:12 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Raimonds Cicans <ray at apollo.lv> wrote:
> I found who is guilty: option CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_SYSFS_RESTRICT of grsecurity
> linux kernel patch
> This option restricts /sys file system for non root users

Thanks for tracking this down.

> But IMHO error message is misleading.

I improved this a bit, by also printing the reason for the error
("Operation not permitted" probably in your case). I'd be happy to
take suggestions for changing the rest of the commit message, but keep
in mind that it is fairly generic (could not get the udev device for
whatever reason).

-t