[systemd-devel] Soliciting feedback for golang bindings to the systemd journal C API

Brandon Philips brandon at ifup.co
Tue Jun 10 10:13:16 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 6:07 AM, Dan Mace <dmace at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Subject: Re: [systemd-devel] Soliciting feedback for golang bindings to the systemd journal C API
>>
>> The CoreOS crew has already done most of this work by writing a native
>> Go implementation (rather than wrapping the C APIs).
>>

> Can you please point me to the implementation?  All I've seen is this:
>
>   https://github.com/coreos/go-systemd/blob/master/journal/send.go
>
> Which only handles writes via the Unix socket.  The implementation we're prototyping supports journal queries in ways that (to my knowledge) aren't possible without either forking to external tools (e.g. journalctl) or linking to sd-journal.

The reason I didn't implement the sd-journal binding originally was
because I thought that the journal DBus API would be coming sooner. I
think adding this is great as-is and would happily merge it back
upstream.

We just have to be aware that eventually this API will need to expose
a KDBus API too.

Brandon