[systemd-devel] Systemd-networkd: Prepend static nameserver to DHCP-discovered nameservers

Runiq runiq at archlinux.us
Tue Jun 17 04:14:34 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I'm using systemd 213 on Arch Linux, and systemd-networkd/resolved with
DHCP to connect to the internet. I'm also running a caching DNS server
on 127.0.0.1.

I'd like to make this caching server the first DNS server in the list,
but I'd also like to use the nameservers discovered by systemd-resolved.
Using a static resolv.conf isn't really possible, because I connect to
networks with different DNS settings.

I know I can set *fallback* DNS servers in /etc/systemd/resolved.conf,
but is there a way with systemd-networkd to prepend my local DNS server
to those discovered by DHCP?

I've asked this question on superuser.com [1] but didn't get a
satisfactory reply.

Thanks,
Patrice

[1] http://superuser.com/q/767827/260249