[systemd-devel] mdns support to networkd

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Jun 20 11:35:15 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 08:19:17PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Sat, 14.06.14 01:13, Vasiliy Tolstov (v.tolstov at selfip.ru) wrote:
>
> > As i see avahi development stopped.
>
> Well, yeah, I am doign a shitty job at maintaining it.
>
> > Does mdns support goes to networkd or no?
>
> Well, no. But into systemd-resolved. Our plan is to turn
> systemd-resolved into an nscd compatible daemon that speaks dns/dnssec,
> mdns, llmnr, in the long run replacing avahi.

  Is there a intersection with SSSD?  It is quite heavily promoted by
one company with color headgear in name, and slighlty conflicts with
nscd (and compatibile) solutions:

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/usingnscd-sssd.html

--
Tomasz Torcz               "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl    wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray