[systemd-devel] udev-212 and up on Sparc v8

Chase Rayfield cusbrar2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 09:05:38 PDT 2014

>If I interpret that correctly, systemd would need to define
>_sync_sub_and_fetch_4 when building for 32-bit processors which do not
>support the __sync_sub_and_fetch operation natively.

Yes exactly... I think libatomic_ops can help with that and I have built it from git on Sparc v8 (This flag is required  -DAO_NO_SPARC_V9). But I
am not sure how to implement __sync_sub_and_fetch with it. Details on getting it to build here: https://github.com/ivmai/libatomic_ops/issues/9

I can give a systemd developer access to a box to fix this on if someone
wants to give it a shot. I believe the reason GCC doesn't provide an
implementation there are some pretty huge trade offs to be made with
either performance or functionality.

Chase