[systemd-devel] [RFC 0/8] experimental tunings & customization on KDbus

AKASHI Takahiro takahiro.akashi at linaro.org
Wed Jun 25 02:13:29 PDT 2014

Hi

As some of you might have already noticed, I posted a small writeup
on benchmarking & comparison between KDbus and Binder:
  https://plus.google.com/113992592841977909554/posts/g7Nbmwb2DVz

I will really appreciate you if you take a time to go through the doc,
and give me your feedbacks and suggestions.
Attached are the patches that I used in my experimental efforts of
improving KDbus performance in this study. I do know that they are far
from perfect, but it's kinda "proof-of-idea."
I assume that, among the patches, HACK1, 2 and 3 are the discussions,
customizing meta info is the most effective though.

Thanks,
Takahiro AKASHI

AKASHI Takahiro (8):
  (bugfix) undefined member, len, in struct kdbus_pool_slice
  (debug) add a debug message and others
  test/kdbus-util: add lookup_name() for benchmark program
  HACK0: allow meta information customizable
  HACK1: optimize copy operations in kdbus_conn_queue_alloc()
  HACK2: blocking ioctl(CMD_MSG_RECV)
  HACK3: minimize the range of D-Cache flush in ioctl(CMD_MSG_RECV)
  add makefile flags to turn on and off my hacks

 Makefile          |    4 +-
 connection.h      |    1 +
 kdbus.h           |    1 +
 pool.c            |   21 +++++++-