[systemd-devel] systemd m4 library complex systemd example, and coccinelle conversion

Cristian Rodríguez crrodriguez at opensuse.org
Wed Jun 25 09:45:41 PDT 2014

El 12/06/14 21:04, Luis R. Rodriguez escribió:

>     - If you want to use the dynamic link loader you should use
>       AX_AVAILABLE_SYSTEMD() but must then ensure to use -rdynamic -ldl
>       when linking, if using automake autotools will deal with this for you,
>       otherwise you must ensure this is in place on your Makefile.

I urge you not to do that, this is unsuitable for distributions in a
number of ways.

- RPM does not handle this kind of dependencies.

- Applications must only dlopen stuff they have control of, like..the X
server loading its drivers, PHP loading its modules, apache loading
mod_ssl.. etc.. dlopening system libraries like libsystemd-whatever is a
no-no.. applications that do this constantly break, are a pain in the
ass to maintain. I have been fighting with this madness for years.

--
Cristian
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to