[systemd-devel] [RFC 4/8] HACK0: allow meta information customizable

Djalal Harouni tixxdz at opendz.org
Fri Jun 27 02:33:45 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 11:24:48AM +0200, Daniel Mack wrote:
> On 06/27/2014 11:06 AM, AKASHI Takahiro wrote:

> >> That's impossible because the information can change during a
> >> connection's lifetime, and we make the promise of sending accurate,
> >> up-to-date information along with each message, if the user requested it.
> >
> > Caching meta info might be a help, I have no specific idea though.
>
> No, that's what I'm saying. We cannot cache anything as any information
> may change at any time. The rule here is simple: if you want metadata,
> you have to be aware that they come at a price. If you don't need them,
> don't request them :)
Well, Daniel I think we can do something here!

We can use the cached metadata from handle or from HELLO and only for
privileged bus users!

Privileged bus users can do what ever they want, and per kdbus
definition this include normal users which is nice! so we can perhap do
that!

If you don't trust the bus owner nor the bus! you should not connect to
that bus.

I've already patches that do this! will send them in minutes, we have
metadata for free and bechmark improvment hmm say ~50%

> Thanks,
> Daniel

Djalal Harouni
http://opendz.org