[systemd-devel] Systemd stops

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Jun 27 11:02:31 PDT 2014

On Wed, 25.06.14 10:54, Jay D Bhatt (jay.bhatt at igate.com) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Finally I was able to get the my systemd running for multi-user mode,
> so I got login , password and then I could login and get prompt. I
> removed few services which were hindering the progress and included
> serial-getty.service in my multi-user mode, that did the trick.
>
> Since this is only the command shell prompt. I need the graphical unit
> also. So, I wanted to understand which services get executed in
> graphical unit? Is there any special care to be taken when you want
> graphical thing working? When I execute graphical unit, I get the same
> output as multi-user mode(i.e. it asks for login and password, but no
> GUI).

systemd doesn't do any GUI itself. But you can run GNOME or KDE or
whatever you like. Just make sure to find some display manager that
implements this:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/writing-display-managers/

> I also wanted to know like there is also folder called "user" in
> systemd, how can I use its default.target file, since I already have
> one default.target file in "system" folder in systemd?

Using systemd to manager user instances is not complete yet. Don't
bother with it yet.