[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] 5 commits - Makefile-man.am man/daemon.xml man/file-hierarchy.xml tmpfiles.d/systemd.conf

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Mon Jun 30 11:56:44 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 11:10:15AM -0700, Lennart Poettering wrote:
>> +                        <varlistentry>
>> +                                <listitem><para>System libraries and
>> +                                package-specific
>> +                                data.</para></listitem>
>> +                        </varlistentry>
>> +
>> +                        <varlistentry>
>> +                                <listitem><para>Secondary library
>> +                                directory for placing 64bit versions
>> +                                of system libraries in, if the primary
>> +                                architecture of the system is
>> +                                32bit. This directory should not be
>> +                                used for package-specific data, unless
>> +                                this data requires 64bit-specific
>> +                                versions, too.</para></listitem>
>> +                        </varlistentry>

> So far systemd was agnostic to the details of this split. This makes
> this official, and conflicts with the Debian/Ubuntu camp. The
> "multiarch" layout is more flexible, so this seems backwards.

It sounds like, yes.

We should not specify the content of the lib64 directory. All we would
need to run an ABI compliant x86_64 system is /lib64 ->
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/.

What a mess, Fedora should just sort out its backwards and outdated
lib64/ and libexec/ rules and everybody would benefit.

Kay