[systemd-devel] [systemd-commits] 5 commits - Makefile-man.am man/daemon.xml man/file-hierarchy.xml tmpfiles.d/systemd.conf

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon Jun 30 14:17:42 PDT 2014

On Mon, 30.06.14 21:35, Lennart Poettering (lennart at poettering.net) wrote:

> On Mon, 30.06.14 21:28, Kay Sievers (kay at vrfy.org) wrote:
>
> > > Note that the concept of lib64 is actually encoded in systemd now, since
> > > nspawn and PID 1 when switching roots will actually create /lib64 as
> > > symlink to /usr/lib64 should the latter exist. That scheme should be
> > > compatible with both Fedora's and Debin's multilib design.

I have not updated the man page so that it only mentions $libdir, and
doesn't codify lib64 in anything.

It's really disappointing that the Linux distributions can't even agree
on where to place libraries. FHS is such a joke... But anyway, the man
page should now not be too far from what the various distribution's
ABIs.